A refrigerator water filter can be one of the easiest and least expensive ways to obtain higher quality drinking water. The only required maintenance is regular replacement to enable the filter to perform optimally. We’ll review how to change your Frigidaire water filter, where to find new ones and how often they should be replaced.
Wondering How to Change Your Frigidaire Water Filter? Follow These Simple Steps
It’s easy to feel intimidated by appliance maintenance when you don’t know the steps to take. Our step-by-step guide can answer, “How to change the water filter in my Frigidaire refrigerator?” so you always have cleaner drinking water.
How to Replace Frigidaire Water Filter
Our Frigidaire water filter replacement instructions include three different filters for different model refrigerators. We’ll also answer, “Where is the water filter on my Frigidaire refrigerator?” so you can locate each one easily:
PureSource Ultra Water Filter: This filter is a push design for use on French door models. It’s typically located in the top right corner of the refrigerator’s interior and can be changed with these simple steps:
- Push the old filter in to release
- Remove the new filter from its package and take off protective caps
- Slide the new filter into the compartment and push to lock in place
- Dispose of the first 1.5 gallons of dispensed water to prime the filter
PureSource 2 Ultra Water Filter: the PureSource 2 filter is a slide and click cassette filter that’s located in the front right top of the refrigerator’s interior. Here’s how to change your Frigidaire water filter for this design:
- Push the release button on the filter compartment to discharge the old filter
- Remove protective caps from new filter
- Slide filter into compartment until it clicks in place
- Prime the filter by discarding the first 1.5 gallons of dispensed water
PureSource Plus Water Filter: this is a cup filter that’s typically located in the rear of the refrigerator, in the top right corner. Follow these steps to change this filter design:
- Twist off the filter cover and detach the old filter by pulling downward
- Remove the new filter from its package
- Push it into the filter compartment, nozzle end first
- Replace the filter cover by twisting into place
- Discard the first 1.5 gallons of dispensed water to prime the filter.
When Should I Change My Refrigerator Water Filter?
Now that you know how to change your Frigidaire water filter knowing how often to change it can ensure better quality drinking water. It’s recommended that you change your filter every 6 months to make sure the filter screen doesn’t become clogged with contaminants.
Clogs will prevent the filter from screening impurities from your water. However, if your water has a different odor or taste or your water pressure has decreased it may need to be replaced sooner.
Where Can I Get a Frigidaire Water Filter?
It’s recommended that you replace your water filter with the same make and model that was originally installed. Northeast Appliance Sales & Service has access to every Frigidaire model filter and can help find what you need.
If you find your Frigidaire water filter stuck when you try to replace it or encounter other common refrigerator problems, call us to assist with any type of repair.